First Evangelical Free Church
First Evangelical Free Church is an urban, multi-generational, and multi-ethnic church in south Minneapolis. Our mission is to help individuals become Christ-Centered and Christ-Sent together. We are people who are growing in our dependence on Jesus and consistently inviting others into that same experience of dependence. Our church maintains its deep roots in Biblical truth and its identity in Christ. We are committed to honoring God in worship and to sharing the hope found in the message of Jesus Christ. Each Sunday around 450–500 (adults, youth, children) worship in two identical worship services that are blended in style. The Worship Pastor works with a team of volunteer musicians and artists who prepare and lead our weekly worship services.
The Worship Pastor will create and lead the Christ-centered worship experience for regular weekend services. The Worship Pastor will have the skill, heart, and passion to coordinate and lead the worship team in providing an authentic and God-honoring time of worship. The Worship Pastor will be experienced in and open to varying styles, proficient in leading a multi-generational and diverse congregation in unified corporate worship.
- Be a passionate worshiper of Christ in private and in public.
- Maintain a personal and active faith in Jesus Christ.
- Meet the qualifications for a pastor as outlined in I Timothy 3:1-7, II Timothy 2:15, and Titus 1:6-9.
- Be a servant-leader willing to work collaboratively with the Senior Pastor, staff, and worship team.
- Hold a Baccalaureate degree in Music. A Master's degree in music and/or seminary education is preferred.
- Have experience leading diverse musical styles, creating a blended and balanced worship service.
- Have experience in designing worship services.
- Have the ability to recruit, train, lead, and nurture worship team members.
- Be an accomplished vocalist and proficient in at least one instrument.
- Be skilled in the use of technology for worship services. (We currently use ProPresenter, Ableton, and Planning Center.)
- Be willing to abide by the Constitution, Bylaws, Vision, and Mission of First Evangelical Free Church as well as the Doctrinal Statement of the EFCA.
- Become a church member and remain in good standing.
- Plan and prepare music, scripture readings, prayers, and media for Sunday morning worship services in conjunction with the Senior Pastor, staff, and the worship team.
- Provide spiritual and musical leadership for the worship team.
- Oversee the recruitment, scheduling, and training of instrumentalists, vocalists, and visual and dramatic artists.
- Discern and assess the desires and needs of the congregation for various styles and elements of worship experiences to help the worshipers encounter God in the services.
- Oversee production of the weekly worship experience. Prepare all programming and creative elements, including media, sound, lighting, etc.
- Oversee and give guidance to the part-time technical director.
- Give direction and oversight to volunteer ministry areas that impact the Sunday morning worship experience, such as ushers, welcome force, interior design, etc.
- Develop, plan, and lead regular all-church concerts of prayer.
- Collaborate with the staff and the church leadership in promoting the vision of First Free.
- Collaborate with the Student Ministry Pastor and Children’s Ministry Director for special worship activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Serve as a member of the church staff, working in close cooperation and harmony with other staff members and within the bounds of the philosophy of ministry and policies established by the First Free Church Council, including the Worship Commission.
- Participate in staff meetings, Leadership Community, and other leadership planning and training events.
- Make a commitment to the church by membership and participation in ministries and business meetings of the church.
- The Worship Pastor is accountable to God as are all pastors and leaders in the church.
- The Worship Pastor is directly accountable to the Senior Pastor and will meet weekly with him for purposes of planning, prayer, and communication.
- The Worship Pastor works in close communication and cooperation with the Worship Commission.
- As a member of the staff, the Worship Pastor will be evaluated annually.
- Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include 2-3 videos (or links to view/download) that demonstrate your musicianship through leading worship.
- Visit www.firstfreechurch.org for more information about the church.
- Any additional questions can be directed to Carrie Boyum, Call Committee Chair, at email@example.com.