Interim Worship Leader
First Evangelical Free Church is an urban, multi-generational, multi-ethnic church in south Minneapolis. Our mission is to help individuals become Christ-Centered and Christ-Sent together. We are committed to honoring God in worship and to sharing the hope found in the message of Jesus Christ.
Each Sunday we have around 450 – 500 (adults, youth, children) who worship in two identical worship services that are contemporary in style. There is a team of volunteer musicians and artists that prepare and produce our weekly services.
We are currently seeking an interim worship leader (20 hours/week) as we search for a full-time Worship Pastor. The targeted hire date is on or before May 13th, 2018.
The Interim Worship Leader will prepare the weekly worship services of First Free in conjunction with the Sr. Pastor and the Worship Commission.
EXPECTATIONS: The Interim Worship Leader . . .
- Should maintain a personal and active faith in Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Have demonstrated character and qualities of the Holy Spirit in all aspects of life.
- Have a heart, vision, passion and ability for leading the whole church in worship.
- Be comfortable and familiar with songs from Hillsong, Bethel Music, Rend Collective, Vertical Worship, etc and also the classic hymns of the faith.
- Be in agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of the EFCA, and have a willingness to abide by the Constitution, Bylaws, Vision and Mission of First Evangelical Free Church.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Interim Worship Leader . . .
- Has demonstrated the ability to work well with volunteers and other leaders as partners in ministry.
- Has demonstrated musical (vocal, instrumental) and leadership abilities (stage presence) as it relates to leading worship.
- Is proficient vocally and with either piano or acoustic guitar (or both).
- Has one or two years’ experience leading worship (preferred).
- Has demonstrated organizational, administrative and leadership skills.
- Has knowledge and experience with Planning Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (20 Hours/Week including Sunday mornings and weeknight rehearsals.)
Church-Wide Worship: The Interim Worship Leader will . . .
- Lead the church in worship.
- Plan and prepare the worship services in conjunction with the Senior Pastor and the Worship Commission.
- Prepare and lead weekly (and others as needed) rehearsals with the worship team (currently Tuesday nights).
- Help develop the volunteers for the worship ministry (i.e. vocalists, instrumentalists, production team) so they can confidently lead our congregation in worship.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: The Interim Worship Leader will . . .
- Serve in close cooperation and harmony with the Sr. Pastor and other staff members within the bounds of the philosophy of ministry and policies established by the First Free Church Council.
- Work and communicate with the Worship Commission to make sure worship services are planned and prepared.
- The Interim Worship Leader is directly accountable to the Senior Pastor and will meet regularly with him for purposes of planning, prayer and communication.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also include 1-3 videos (or links to view/download) that demonstrate your range of skill.
Please visit www.firstfreechurch.org for more information or contact the church office at (612) 827-4705.