Giving: What We Believe
Psalm 24:1 says, "The earth is the Lord's and all it contains."
The Bible tells us three truths about God and money:
- Truth #1: Everything belongs to God.
- Truth #2: Everything comes from God.
- Truth #3: Everything is distributed to us by God.
With that understanding, we believe that we are stewards of what God has allowed us to have. And our desire - when it comes to our income, our saving, our spending, our giving, is to honor God with everything.
At First Free Church, we are committed to giving regularly to what God is doing here and around the world. It's a way that we can partner with God in His work. We believe individual giving should be proportionate to God's individual blessings with tithing as the norm.
But just as you excel in everything - in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us - see that you also excel in this grace of giving… Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. - (2 Corinthians 8:7 and 9:7)
Ways to Give
- Online Giving - A convenient and secure way to give. You can give via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) from your checking account. Gifts may be made on a one-time or recurring basis. You can also view your giving history. Go to our giving page.
- Sunday Worship Service - We take an offering every Sunday in each of our worship services. You can request giving envelopes by contacting the church office, either by email or by calling 612-827-4705.
- By Mail - Checks can be mailed to 5150 Chicago Ave., Minneapolis, MN 55417.
There are several funds to choose from when making your donation:
- General - Funding for all our local ministries.
- Missions/Outreach - Support for our missionaries and community outreach.
- Benevolent - Financial support for people in our church family; managed by the Caring Commission.
- Building Fund - Help us to upgrade, uplift, and update our building.
Accessing Your Online Giving Account
Online Giving Questions
- How secure is giving online?
- Our online giving service uses the best available encyption (SSL) to protect your financial information.
- How do I designate money to multiple funds?
- You can designate your contributions to multiple funds by submitting multiple transactions. Each single transaction must be designated to a single fund.
- What forms of payment are accepted?
- Currently, we accept only EFT payments (Electronic Funds Transfer) from a checking account.
- Are my gifts tax deductible?
- Yes. First Evangelical Free Church is a 501(c)(3) organization registered in the state of Minnesota. Your charitable gifts are tax deductible and you will receive a statement acknowledging your gift no less than annually.
- I still need help!
- Contact the church office, either by email, or by calling 612-827-4705.